Senior Quality Engineer- Tijuana
We are looking for a Senior Quality Engineer that has worked in the Plastic Molding industry. The position is in the Tijuana Mex. Plant. For US residents, must be able to cross the border every day.
Summary of Functions:
Develops, implements and oversees complex quality plans, programs, and procedures using quality control statistics, lean manufacturing concepts, and analyses. Ensures that performance and product quality conforms to established company, customer and regulatory requirements. Reviews, analyzes and reports on quality discrepancies related to complex assemblies and processes. Leads investigation complex problems and develops dispositions, modifications and corrective actions for recurring or non-recurring discrepancies. Interfaces with manufacturing, engineering, customer, vendor and subcontractor representatives to ensure requirements are met. May report to management on the status of the Quality System. Incumbents in this position are considered to be a Subject Matter Expert in the fields of Quality Assurance and Quality Systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the development, modification, and maintenance of quality evaluation and control plans and protocols for processing materials into partially finished or finished products.
- Oversees the development and implementation of methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment.
- Oversees the design and analysis of inspection and testing processes, mechanisms and equipment; conducts quality assurance tests; and performs statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications.
- Oversees the auditing of quality systems for deficiency identification and correction.
- Oversees the process for ensuring that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is complete and compliant with requirements.
- May specialize in the areas of design, incoming material, production control, product evaluation and reliability, inventory control and/or research and development as they apply to product or process quality.
- Provides direction and mentoring to less experienced QA Engineers.
- May report to management concerning quality performance metrics and other analyses related to the overall Quality System.
- Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements of the department/position.
Education and/or Experience:
BS equivalent with 10+ years of experience or MS with 6+ years or experience.
Enviar esta oferta de trabajo a un Amigo
Interesado(a) en la posición